Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mo'

Well.... the folks at 30BAD (and my own recent experimentation) have convinced me to eat more.

We recently vacationed in Florida where I consistently consumed 3K+ calories per day. I do feel stronger. 50% was cooked - but clearly there does seem to be a correlation.

I ran each morning (about a mile) and exercised (pushups, situps, etc). What I have noticed the most is my body temperature is higher, and I have a bit more energy. My brain fog persists - I am really anxious to get that behind me as well.

Yesterday was my first 100% raw commitment to 3K+... it went fairly well. I ran/exercised this AM and followed with a 10 banana + 7 date scrumptious smoothie... and I am quite warm now.... energy is moderate.

I slept 10+ hours - need to ensure I continue this trend & also drank ~ 2 liters of water so far today (amazingly.. my mouth is dry now.. likely a result of the salt I consumed while on vacation)... will consume 2 liters per day minimum.

All for now folks - keep fighting the good fight - together we will get stronger.

RD.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful site, RawDad.
    (My first visit. Keep up the good work!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement... this is a great trip !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to hearing more about your experimentation, Russ. Sounds like you had fun in Florida.

    I have noticed a correlation between dry mouth and smoothies for myself. Recently, I saw a video that Michele posted that made me question my heavy use of smoothies. I have found that eating the same number of bananas sliced with the berries that I used to blend into a smoothie does not seem to have the same effect. Maybe it's psychological or maybe there's a reason?

    I consistently eat around 3,000 cals a day, too, but then I am nursing. :)

    I hope you are having fun with your experiments and that you feel less foggy soon.

    Hugs,

    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete