Tuesday, May 22, 2012
I hope to continue this into mid June - will then travel to N. California to water fast at True North.
Commitment (in the form of leave from work) of time has been made.... I need to live in the moment and execute.
Water fasting at home is much too difficult for me... and frankly I believe it can be dangerous.
I have a pint of juice every 2 hours.... 1 orange or grapefruit (only if no OJ available) ... then a veggie juice (alternating).... 6 juices per day total. I have not lost any weight at this time - likely due to the huge amount of sleep I have been needing.
I feel better at this moment than I have for the past 2 days... a positive sign.
My thoughts are all over the place... hopefully the solid food absence induced cleansing will bring much needed clarity/focus.
Happy Healing Folks - RD.
Monday, April 18, 2011
I'm 2 weeks into my latest raw run (1 fuhrman meal last week - oops) and starting to feel better this am.
Had not rebounded in awhile... and started again yesterday and this am. I feel better... WOW.
If you have never tried it - you may want to consider it.
I have listed some of the associated benefits below. I have no way of validating some of them but.....results are what I am after.. and seem to have gotten some with a couple of short bouncing sessions.
Happy Hopping (just in time for Easter)?
1. Rebounding provides an increased G-force (gravitational load), which benefits the body by strengthening the musculoskeletal systems. 2. Rebounding protects the joints from the chronic fatigue and impact delivered by exercising on hard surfaces. 3. Rebounding helps manage body composition and improves muscle-to-fat ratio. Rebound Exercise benefits you by giving you more control over these. 4. Rebounding benefits lymphatic circulation by stimulating the millions of one-way valves in the lymphatic system. This benefits the body's immune capacity for fighting current disease, destroying cancer cells, eliminating antigens and preventing future illness. 5. Rebounding circulates more oxygen to the tissues. 6. Rebounding establishes a better equilibrium between the oxygen required by the tissues and the oxygen made available. 7. Rebounding increases capacity for respiration. 8. Rebounding tends to reduce the height to which the arterial pressures rise during exertion. 9. Rebounding lessens the time during which blood pressure remains abnormal after severe activity. 10. Rebounding assists in the rehabilitation of existing heart problems. Rebound Exercise also benefits recovery from heart procedures, providing gentle, low impact circulation. (Case: Cardiac Rehabilitation Using A ReboundAIR) 11. Rebounding increases the functional activity of the red bone marrow in the production of red blood cells. 12. Rebounding gradually improves resting metabolic rate so that more calories are burned for hours after exercise. Related, Rebound Exercise benefits the post-exercise "Glycogen Replenishment" process. 13. Rebounding causes core muscles and large muscle groups to contract, resulting in the rhythmic compression of the veins and arteries, which more effectively moves fluids, both blood and lymphatic, through the body and back to the heart, lowering peripheral blood pressure and lightening the heart's load. 14. Rebounding decreases the volume of blood pooling in the veins of the cardiovascular system preventing chronic edema. Want MORE Benefits of Rebound Exercise?Special needs? We've posted everything you can thinkof related to rebounding!Weight loss, stress, osteoporosis,Cell Food, ReboundAIR vs. Treadmills,wholesale membership, Al Carter'sCertification Course, etc. Here's our quick-list menu of 24 Rebounding Topics: Rebound Weight Loss Stress Relief Osteoporosis Treadmill v. Rebounder New Quarter Fold New Demo Photos FAQ + Compare Brands Certification DVD Course Cell Food, Cell Fitness User Progress Reports Secure Order Form Become a Wholesaler Technical Studies Lifetime Warranty Al Carter, Founder, Author Lymphatic + Rebound Top Ten Reasons... 33 Rebound Benefits Contact Us! Let's Chat! Club Rebound Aerobics Pregnancy + Rebounding Press Articles + TV Site Map + MORE LINKS 15. Rebounding encourages collateral circulation by increasing the capillary count in the muscles and decreasing the distance between the capillaries and the target cells. 16. Rebounding strengthens the heart and other muscles in the body so that they work more efficiently. 17. Rebounding gradually allows the resting heart to beat less often. Regular Rebound Exercise has been shown to benefit the heart rate, resulting in favorable decreases in resting heart rate. 18. Rebounding lowers circulating cholesterol and triglyceride levels. 19. Rebounding lowers low-density lipoprotein (bad) in the blood and increases high-density lipoprotein (good) holding off the incidence of coronary artery disease. 20. Rebounding promotes tissue repair. 21. Rebounding for longer than 20 minutes at a moderate intensity at least 3x per week increases the mitochondria count within the muscle cells, benefiting in total endurance. Perhaps you will easily skip those naps. 22. Rebounding benefits the alkaline reserve of the body, which may be of significance in an emergency requiring prolonged effort. 23. Rebounding improves coordination between the propreoceptors in the joints, the transmission of nerve impulses to and from the brain, transmission of nerve impulses and responsiveness of the muscle fibers. 24. Rebounding improves the brain’s responsiveness to the vestibular apparatus within the inner ear, thus improving balance. 25. Rebounding offers relief from neck and back pains, headaches, and other pain caused by lack of exercise. Rebound Exercise has been shown to benefit body alignment and posture. 26. Rebounding enhances digestion and elimination processes. 27. Rebounding allows for deeper and easier relaxation and sleep. 28. Rebounding results in better mental performance, with keener learning processes. 29. Rebounding curtails fatigue and menstrual discomfort for women. 30. Rebounding minimizes the number of colds, allergies, digestive disturbances, and abdominal problems. 31. Rebounding tends to slow down atrophy in the aging process. 32. Rebounding is an effective modality by which the user gains a sense of control and an improved self image. 33. Rebounding is enjoyable!
Friday, April 8, 2011
This is the first week in sometime that I have been 100% raw. I would very much like to stay this way atleast thorugh the summer to regain my health and vitality.
I have experienced a decent bout of DETOX this week. Headache, brainfog, and fatigue - but there is that "Raw sense of healing"... nothing like it - those of you who have tried this likely know what I am talking about.
I am sleeping the sleep of the dead - a few mins after laying down I am out..... 11+ hours per day if I can get it. Have had to lay my head on the desk at work a few times - was a long week.... but I made it and today was better. My head cleared a bit.. and a few times I experienced that "Raw light feeling"... like my body was weightless.
This makes ~ 2.5 years into my healing journey I am definately getting stronger. Whatever was broken is healing - I can feel it. I tolerate exercise now (even this week) where before I just could not recover.... a really good sign.
My excess eating experiement taught me something... you CAN OVEREAT FRUIT (I was getting fat). It seems my current activity level requires ~ 2700-3000 calories. The days I do not exercise I can likely get by on 2600 - this was what I was eating last time 100% raw & not exercising. My issues before were thus not associated with caloric deprivation.
My daily routine looks something like this:
0530 - rise - drink 1L water - exercise 30 mins (pushups, situps, curls, rows, bicycle & step ups)
0600 - drink 1/2 L water + 1 veg juice (4 carrots, greens, celery, red cabbage)
0800 - green smoothie for breakfast (4 banana, 3 apples, strawberries, blueberries, kale)
1200 - 8 bananas + 6 dates + large salad
1800 - 2 lbs papaya + large salad
Every couple of days I add an avocado to this along with 1 tsp udo's oil. Adding extra water seems to help - I will keep that up.
My shape is changing a bit already - some fat is coming off - the water is leaving - but there was not much retained (apparently) as I am ~ 160 lbs (this seems to be my ideal weight @ 5'11" I can live with that).
100% raw is quite healing - a real detox experience. I cannot see myself eating much less than 70% raw for the rest of my life.. low fat and plant strong....
All the best folks - and happy healing to all !!
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Saturday, March 26, 2011
We recently vacationed in Florida where I consistently consumed 3K+ calories per day. I do feel stronger. 50% was cooked - but clearly there does seem to be a correlation.
I ran each morning (about a mile) and exercised (pushups, situps, etc). What I have noticed the most is my body temperature is higher, and I have a bit more energy. My brain fog persists - I am really anxious to get that behind me as well.
Yesterday was my first 100% raw commitment to 3K+... it went fairly well. I ran/exercised this AM and followed with a 10 banana + 7 date scrumptious smoothie... and I am quite warm now.... energy is moderate.
I slept 10+ hours - need to ensure I continue this trend & also drank ~ 2 liters of water so far today (amazingly.. my mouth is dry now.. likely a result of the salt I consumed while on vacation)... will consume 2 liters per day minimum.
All for now folks - keep fighting the good fight - together we will get stronger.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
The cleansing is deep. I feel a bit tired this am. Should be a great night’s sleep. I am also having some herbal teas. My favorites have been peppermint and red raspberry leaf. The kids are back to school tomorrow – will allow for plenty of rest. A good 12 hour slumber last pm .. I feel somewhat refreshed. A bit of rebounding, herbs, and now time for a juice. Wow.. the TX oranges are superior – likely left on the tree a bit longer – delicious ! Rode the bike again a few miles – exhausted afterwards – laid down for 30 minutes – recovered nicely. ~ 1400 hrs… got out in the sun for 15 mins – felt great. I am feeling quite well at the moment – OH LET THIS BE THE BEGINNING OF A LONG ENERGY PHASE !!! :~) Also note that I reduced the olive leaf and oregano oil from 6 to 3. Rode the bike again after walking around the block with the kids.. got off the road a bit… lotta fun. Urine looked a bit cloudy this pm.. YES !! The kids have coudy urine frequently.. their kidneys are working nicely.
- 15 organic TX Juice oranges (small) – 3 pints of juice – 3 glasses of heaven
Feeling better this am. Breath is fresher. I slept less last night – but did nap a couple of times yesterday. I cleaned and organized in the kitchen a bit this am – it really needs it. Rode the bike again and had a pretty good day. Elimination is heavy.. I have to lay down and sleep hard for 30 mins every now and again – the good news is that is very refreshing. Weight was 150 when I checked it… (not first thing). Cannot wait to see what tomorrow brings !
- 15 organic TX Juice oranges (small) – 3 pints of TX nectar !
Slept deeply once asleep. Woke this am to see the kids off to school – cleaned up some dishes – time to get more rest – am tired. Herbal fix accounted for. Slept until 1400 hrs (18 hours total) and am not refreshed at this point. Its 5pm.. feeling better now. Back to bed most of the day… 18-20 hours of sleep and it feels G O O D !!!!
- 15 organic TX Juice oranges (small) – 3 pints
Slept like a log last pm. Can feel my kidneys a bit this am. Bowels did not move yesterday. Lemon water and herbs – back to bed. Tongue is coated a bit – breath is not really foul. Slept until 1100 hrs. Feeling a bit better… but will go lay down again now… J. Up after an hour @ 1400…. Time for a juice. Weight = 149lbs.
- 3 pints
I have noted that red raspberry tea makes me feel quite ill. Will lay off of that.. and drop the dosage on the liver itch and kidney cleanse. Up @ 0700 this am… feeling better. Was a decent day – rode the bike a bit and walked Lexy around the block – rebounded a few times. Feel a bit run down this pm.. I will sleep really good. Mixed up the juice a bit today… and now only taking liver cleanse and itch. Reading John Robbins Heathly at 100.. good book thus far….
- 3 pints (1 orange, 1 hybrid, 1 pineapple) - orange is the best
13 hours sleep last pm. Feel OK this am – not stellar. Rain mixed with snow this am.. will be a good day to surf and read. Herbs were liver itch, cleanse, and the oregano, olive and lbb. 5pm and the fast is taking is up a notch – I have a dull headache. Have been having water with a squeeze of lemon between juices.. WOW… takes it up a notch. Hot bath taken tonite to have a good sweat – feel better !
It started snowing this afternoon – we got a few inches. Took the kids out in it.. and played a bit.
- 3 pints & 1 pint of veg juice after hot bath
12 hours of deep sleep last pm a bit refreshed – but dry – the heat is running. Felt a bit better after a quart of water. Took 2T of the liver itch last pm – will stick with 1 from now on. If I am not chipper on Friday – I plan to implement a juice increase/detox slow down to help me stretch this thing out. Will have a lemon water before bed each night to ensure I detox heavily enough as required. My initial plan is 2.5 quarts of oj, and a pint of veg juice… will see how this goes. I cannot work all day the way I feel at this time – that is certain.
- 3 pints
Felt OK today. Did not sleep as much (7 hours) – stopped taking liver itch to avoid the alcohol. Ordered and started reading Quantum Eating my Tonya Zavasta…. VERY interesting. Dry fasted after 5pm – good detox – will keep that up.
- 1 pint veg, 2 pints oj
I have a lot to do today. Need to get hoppin. The dry fast was most interesting – had a taste of metal in my mouth at the end – great to know I will be doing this daily from now on. Increasing juice today. Weight is 145. Warmed up nice after the veg juice… still cleansing heavily. Am optimistic for the return to diet on Friday. 18 days will have to be it this time – I need to get back to work.
- 2 pints veg, 3 pints OJ
Uneventful days here. Felt OK – not stellar. Stronger on the additional juice.
- 2 pints veg, 3 pints OJ
Monday, January 3, 2011
11 hours of sleep last pm – not as restful as yesterday – not as refreshed. Tongue was coated once again, breath very foul. Feel dull and a bit run down this am. Hopefully things will pick up later. Peaks and valleys – have to be ready for that. My sinus’ are clearing again – feeling a bit better. I have added kindey cleanse to my herbal arsenal.
- 64 oz @ work – 8 oz per hour diluted with water
The fast really kicked in today. I slept 15 hours, and feel a bit refreshed. Tongue was coated this am – but not as thick as days previous. The plan is to juice 8 oranges – 1 per hour for atleast a week to maximize cleansing. I have been rebounding for a minute before work and after. Now that I am home will bounce for a minute each hour before I have my juice. Having a peppermint tea to start the morning – the sky is clear – looking forward to some fresh air and sunshine today. My new smart phone is supposed to arrive as well – should be fun to get it configured and working. Well – my new bicycle arrived and while I was giving it a test ride my phone was attempted delivered – it will have to come another day. The bike is everything I wanted – I rode it 10 miles.. it was a lot of fun.
- 8 organic Valencias – juiced 2 every other hour and diluted with distilled water 50/50
Did not sleep as well last pm – but in bed for 13 hours. I do feel fairly refreshed. Herbs taken and bowel movement noted – foul smelling – bile like. The liver is getting flushed. Plan to get my new phone activated today and ride the new bike a bit more. My weight is ~ 152 – I have lost 5 lbs thus far.
Will have 12 oranges today. I think 12-16 per day over 3 weeks or more is a good pace for me. Any less and I seem to feel quite toxic. After trip to phone store am feeling a bit nauseous… will rest.
- 12 organic Valencias – juiced 3 every 3 hours and diluted with distilled water
A cold one out there this am 19F. Heavy elimination last evening. Tongue coated more lightly this am – and breath not as foul. Sinus’ continue to be blocked most of the time. Took an “Adya bath” last pm – was interesting – almost could feel something being pulled from the skin. Feel somewhat refreshed this am – 12 hours of sleep and a nap yesterday. We will be visiting our neighbors today to share holiday gifts – should be a fun day. Emotions are surfacing – this has not happened to me before – and strangely – it feels good. I have literally tried to cry (after the loss of a loved one) a few years back and I could not – perhaps health related ?
- 13 organic Valencias (a couple of them were pretty small) – juiced 3 every 3 hours and diluted with distilled water. This makes ~ 1 quart of juice for the day
Added the liver cleanse to the herbal arsenal yesterday per MH recommendation. Stayed up late last pm (2200 hrs) programming my new phone. Deep sleep (11 hours) somewhat refreshed. Starting to drink the oj straight – water in between as required. I have a headache and just had the most vile bowel movement (smells of toxic bile). My eyes are still a bit clouded and blood shot – but look clearer than before. Breath is not as foul. Weight is 150 lbs. Feel a bit nauseous @ noon – had to lay down for a bit. Elimination is heavy. Another Adya bath this afternoon - felt really good -warming. The cleanse is really setting in.
- 15 organic Valencias (several of them were pretty small) – juiced every 3 hours for 12 hours.