Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rejuvenation

Day 3 of my short juice "fast" and I am starting to feel rejuvenated. I slept almost the entire first 2 days. I would lay down and quickly sink into a deep slumber - my head aching and lungs deep breathing the fresh moist air.

I have read the worse you feel on the feast - the more you needed it. I believe I needed this BADLY ! I have NEVER felt so exhausted for 2 continuous days - just amazing.

It is a shame I cannot afford time off right now - I would definitely extend this - perhaps before the kids get out of school this summer I can get a 10 day juice "fast" in - enabling me to lay in the hot sun and rest my tired body.

I have been using a vegetable/fruit juice combination this time - I prefer it to fruit juice or water - it seems to be "in the middle"... this yields about 16-24 oz of deep dark life giving juice:

2 kale leaves
1/2 baby bokchoy
2 carrots with greens
1/2 beet with greens
2 celery stalks
1/2 cucumber
1/2 green apple
1/4 lemon

Drink 3 of them each day... and plenty of distilled water in between. This seems to be working for me - a recipe I obtained from a chiropractor and used on my very first break from solid food.

The first 2 days - my most notable symptoms (brain fog, fatigue, cold hands) all were amplified. I had to take a hot bath one time to stop shivering. Day3 has brought a bit of clarity - although I am still a bit tired and look forward to laying down again shortly.

Robust health is in my future - I feel I am reeling in a BIG CATCH... it's fighting all the way.. but will be SO WORTH IT... when I am finally able to land it !

Best Wishes All - make everyday your BEST!

RD.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear you are resting!

    Hugs,

    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like an amazing amount of housecleaning is going on Russ ~ it's great that you are taking such good care of yourself during this phase!

    ReplyDelete